27 Sept 2015

Post Holiday Blues

We arrived back from Hawaii on Thursday evening. Arrived back to the cold and wet weather of Sydney, so of course I was missing Hawaii instantly. I remember just complaining about how cold it was the whole car ride home. I really despise the cold. 

What I love about holiday's is obviously spending time away my family, but for a blogger it's the content possibilities! I can't wait to recommend places we saw, things we did and share our experience with traveling overseas with two kids under five - I'll get to publishing those posts in due time. 

One thing I can definitely state about traveling with two kids so young, is there isn't a lot of alone time for yourself. All the content I'm talking about is currently in my head, as I didn't get the luxury of writing down. In the past I could find the time to myself for an hour or two and draft up a post on paper, or write something down during the many hours on the plane ride, but this time around there's just no time to yourself. There's always a kid allocated to you, and if you do get some reprieve from a child it's probably to do something important without a kid in your way. 

Anyways, that's probably the main difference I noticed during this trip. Yes we only travelled overseas a few months ago with both kids as well, but I don't know, maybe because their a little older, their personalities and interests have changed - they were so much more demanding this trip. 

Regardless, we had a great time. Beach, sun, family, friends and good food it always a great time! In the meantime here are a few holiday snaps. 
Arriving at Honolulu airport with little sleep during the 9 hour flight, and waiting for the rest of my family to arrive.


At the beautiful location of our friend's wedding

Big Island!! I think this is where I want to grow old at. So much more laid back and relaxing on this island.

I just had to post this photo because look at my shoulders and arms!! Yaas! I'm not one to really show off, but I know I can be hard on myself about my fitness. Seeing this photo surprised and encouraged me.

 Entrance to Lava Tubes

Kilauea Iki Hike to the base of the crater ... amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons

Share this post with friends