29 Aug 2014

Planning a 1st Birthday ... Cam Style


It's no secret I love planning stuff. I use to have two motto's attached to my old My Space profile and one of them was
"Failure to plan is planning for failure."
I love researching, sourcing, organising and seeing ideas come together. I'm actually a bit of a nazi when it comes to "planning". I have been known to not be fun to plan with because I'm so .... detailed and become a "micro manager" during the process. I don't really care if people make fun of my attention to detail cause it's usually the people who are opposite to me who do. Don't hate me cause I care about details. Some people are like me some people aren't - I accept that so let me be me. 

If you follow me on Insta you may see I'm in the process of planning Kai's 1st birthday. Party planning isn't rocket science but surprisingly people can feel a sense of "I don't know where to start" feeling and can ultimately be a very stressful process. Also first time parents may feel lost as they are new to the whole "kids party" planning scene. 

So in the next couple of days I will share some of my tips and actual process in planning a kids (or any kind) party, from someone who loves planning. My aim isn't to show off how I do parties but to maybe help others to better plan theirs. 

Parties are like a project there's research that needs to be done, decisions that need to be made, people to coordinate, communication, vendors to select, working through the night so the kids aren't in the way to do tasks, budgets to stick to .... have I scared you yet?? ... Told you I was crazy!!

But stick with me I'll hopefully give you some pointers, suggestions and ideas with your next party planning.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons

Share this post with friends