20 May 2013

Mother's Day 2013


Two weekends ago was Mother's Day. I wanted to write a post on my Mother's Day cause I found photos from last year's MD and wished I wrote a post about it so this year want to make the effort. 

This year again I was spoilt. Ian was asking weeks leading up to Mother's Day what I wanted or what I wanted to do. I seriously didn't want anything nor did I really want to do anything in particular.

Being four and a half months pregnant at the time I guess my stomach (cravings) tends to make decision for me. So I said I'd love to have a nice breakfast cause most mornings I have a piece of toast or a smoothie.

Sunday morning we headed over to Surry Hills to a highly reviewed cafe called Reuben Hills. The menu wasn't extensive but each item sounded delicious and interesting making the decision what to have really hard. We opted for three meals between the two of us and surprisingly we demolished each item. We had the not reuben wagyu salt brisket, pickled slaw, manchego & horseradish cream on rye, soft baked eggs with jamon, spinach, ranchero & rye and the tradesmans brioche eggs, jamon, avo & relish. My personal fave was the not reuben brisket sanga ... yum! We also shared a salted caramel milkshake between us and the dog's breakfast dessert afterwards.

 The Not Reuben

 The Tadesmans Brioche

 Salted Caramel Milkshake

Dog's Breakfast

After breakfast we headed into town for a spot of shopping. At present I've got a love hate relationship with shopping. I love to shop but hate buying maternity wear. I still have the maternity wear I had first time around, although I didn't buy heaps, but a lot of my existing mat wear is work wear. During my last pregnancy I don't recall venturing out much, I think I was just tired a lot or felt too lazy to want to see people so I didn't have a lot of casual wear. I just wore clothing next sizes up so I just borrowed my sister's old clothes they had sitting at mum and dad's place, which I don't have access to this time around or wore Ian's pants and shirts when I was at home. 

This time around I'm growing a lot bigger a lot quicker. I need to buy appropriate clothing cause I'm busting out the seams of my current wardrobe but I feel yuck when I try on clothes with this bump in front of me. So long story short I need bigger clothing but hating trying on clothing right now cause it's uncomfortable for me.
  
You really do feel the importance of Mother's Day when you are one. We always celebrated MD in our household and we always wanted to make the day special for my mum. But as a Mother now I really do realise and appreciate the everyday, selfless act my Mother has done for our family growing up even now.

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's and to be in the near or distance future.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons

Share this post with friends