4 Jan 2013

Home

We're back from our Christmas / New Year family holiday.

I can't speak for everyone else who was there but overall I had a relaxing time doing pretty nothing but enjoying the beach and spending time with my family.

Christmas Day our family spent it feasting, reminiscing, laughing and more feasting. Eli fell asleep early so we all waited for him to wake up so we can all finally open presents. Once again he was very spoilt not just by family but by friends who generously also gave him gifts.



New Year's eve we had dinner at home then walked to the local beach as they were throwing a free concert and fireworks.    

the little raver man and his glow sticks

We really didn't do anything exciting or ventured far from where we were based. We didn't take the little one to any of the theme parks, he would be too young to enjoy it plus the crowds at that time of the year would make the experience painfully not worth it.

The first 5 nights we stayed in a service apartment cause my uncle's investment property is very old and lacked certain creature comforts and feared Eli might not adjust easily.
View from our balcony

My favorite shot ... Ian looks more scared than Eli

The following 5 nights we stayed in my uncle's property. Both were walking distance from a beach, which I loved ... cause I love the beach.

The daily literary involved wake up around 6ish, going for a run, breakfast, off to the beach, return home around mid afternoon, unwind, prepare for dinner, dinner, tv or conversation, sleep, repeat.

Ian Dipple Lagoon, prefect swimming spot for families. Area also had many tables and children play areas.


I really liked Paradise Point, where my uncle's investment property is located. The area is quiet, mostly retirees (so I noticed), beaches are flat and family friendly, public areas are well maintained and lots of small independent grocers and coffee shops. There isn't a lot of mansions (yet) so it feel like you're in the suburbs but you take a right at the end of the street and you're at the beach or you drive 10 minutes down the main road and you're in the heart of Surfers Paradise. It's so relaxing when you're there in that area ... I can now see why my parents are considering living there. 

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons

Share this post with friends